Rent this classic American car in Monterey, CA.
- Drivers must be 25 years or older and have a valid drivers license and auto insurance.
- Driving limits: 100 miles per day and $2 per mile thereafter.
- Delivery is available within 10 miles of the Monterey airport.
- Roadside assistance is provided within a 30-mile radius of the airport.
- Do you have drivers available? For now, for this car, though, the person who signs the contract as the driver, or who is added as the second driver are the only people allowed to drive you around.
The Crosley is an American microcar manufactured by Crosley Motors Incorporated from 1939 to 1952. The Crosley Corporation was a manufacturer of household appliances. Industrialist Powel Crosley Jr., owner of Crosley Broadcasting Association and the Cincinnati Reds baseball team had ambitious plans to build a subcompact, fuel efficient, low cost car reportedly to sell in department stores alongside his household appliances. His first car in 1939 boasted a selling price of $250.00.
A fun and funky piece of history, our Crosley wagon spent many years in a museum. It has now returned to the road for us to enjoy. These cars are not fast but known to get great gas mileage. They are fun around town vehicles that draw a ton of attention.